Saturday, May 17, 2008

Estoy Aqui

My dorm room.









Dad: "You're paying $250 a week for this?"









So it's not that nice. I'm kind of excited to live in a North Hall-style dorm again. Last time in forever, probably.

Haven't really had a chance to check out the campus yet; we got into Washington at 7:00. It took us another hour and a half or so to walk to the metro, ride the metro across town (there are construction delays), and then take a shuttle to American University. So I basically unpacked, and now I am going to bed, since I only got an hour of sleep last night.

The metro is really fun. I'm looking forward to riding it every day:






No landmarks yet, except for the close-up of the National Mall we got when we flew in. No roommate either, yet. He comes late Monday night.



That's all. Good night.

1 comment:

Alvin said...

Your dorm looks like a Calvin dorm, but it's missing the tiny, mutual bathroom in between. Oh well. I'm sure you have only the highest hopes for your DC experience, so learn a whole lot and have a good time, pal. Keep us updated.