Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Wanna go see Justice Scalia tonight?" "Sure, I've got nothing else to do."


(After I took this last picture, I was admonished by a security guard for doing so. So enjoy it - it's contraband.)

My intern friend Ted got us both registered to see Supreme Court justice Antonin Scalia speak at the Marriott tonight. It was free for us because we're students, so it was a pretty sweet deal. Beforehand, there was a big reception with an open bar and waiters carrying hor d’evours around. I felt out-of-place and super-important at the same time.

Then we all herded into the hall and listened to Scalia talk about his new book: "Making Your Case: The Art of Persuading Judges." He's a hilarious speaker, and very plainspoken. Very enjoyable to listen to, and I thought he had some great insights.

Anyway, that's the adventure for the day. Love and miss you all. Good night.

No comments: